The Faculty of Science runs the Science Transition Program in order to support commencing science students during their first year at university. One of the best ways to do this is to introduce first year students to people in the know – senior students such as yourself! If you have had a positive experience during your undergraduate studies and would like to help others do likewise, you can volunteer to become a student mentor. As a mentor you will be instrumental in assisting first year students to build academic and social networks so that they settle more quickly into life as a student and get the most from their time here on campus.
Click here to register!http://sydney.edu.au/science/cstudent/ug/smlp_mentors
Benefits for mentors:
- Receive free training and develop desirable professional skills
- Receive recognition from the Faculty of Science
- Gain experience in team leadership
- Widen your networks within the Faculty of Science
- Help other students (and have fun!)