Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia’s national science agency and one of the largest and most diverse research agencies in the world. Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. CSIRO is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities across the nation.
CSIRO’s Contaminant Chemistry and Ecotoxicology program is the largest contaminants research group in Australia and provides expert advice and leadership on contaminant issues to national and international government agencies. They are offering two one year-in-industry placements to motivated undergraduate students to assist with the Centre’s research and consulting activities.
To be considered you will need to:
- Be enrolled in an Australian university undertaking a Bachelor of Science degree majoring in chemistry, or an Environmental Science degree or equivalent degree;
- Be good at developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships;
- Provide examples of when you’ve worked well in a team;
- Provide examples of when you’ve worked well unsupervised
- Provide proof that you have a current drivers licence.
Specifically you will:
- Gain experience in ecotoxicology or environmental analytical chemistry
- Assist Project Leaders to achieve project outputs for analytical chemistry based commercial and research projects.
- Assist with the maintenance of the analytical chemistry facilities.
Location: Lucas Heights (near Sutherland),
NSW Salary: $40,000 (approx) per annum gross
The position reference number is 2011/126 and further details on how to apply are available here: http://www.csiro.au/people/Careers.html