Do you have what it takes to design the hottest item in every science students’ closet? The SciSoc shirt is a symbol, an icon, a single item of clothing that distinguishes us from the rest of this University!
… It can also get you a free lunch every odd Wednesday.
So whip out those tag lines, those one-liners and those comments that can make you simultaneously laugh and cringe. Dust off your favourite lame science joke, draw a picture to go with it or even a scientific formula and you’re done! Send it in to our exec and before you know it, everyone could very well be wearing your designs!
- The front of the T-shirt should feature the main artwork with a punchy tagline
- The back of the T-shirt should display SciSoc and sponsor logos and can feature more artwork
– SciSoc & USU logos can be found here
- Feel free to experiment with different colours but keep in mind that SciSoc’s colours are blue and yellow
– This years shirt will only be available in ONE colour, however
- The design must be able to fit on an A4 sized sheet of paper
- Instant fame!
- One 2010 SciSoc T-shirt in a unique colour of your choice!
||Entries open from now until Friday, 03 December 2010
||Wherever your artistic vision takes you
||Please email all designs to SciSoc
Got brains? Never fear, Trivia Night is here!
Join your hosts with the most – Felix, Bashar and Dalibor for a night out that is so HOT, it’ll denature your enzymes!
Come along and prove (or disprove) that science students really do know stuff. So round up your friends (in tables of 6) and brush up on your trivial knowledge to battle it out for $2000+ worth of prizes!
||7:30pm-9:30pm, Wednesday, 21 April 2010
includes two drinks and pizza/pide
Tickets are on sale NOW at the following locations:
- Week 6: 12:00pm-2:00pm Monday-Friday, Manning Rd
- Week 7: 12:00pm-2:00pm Monday-Tuesday, Manning Rd
- Week 7 BBQ
As always, profits will be donated to SciSoc’s Charity of 2010, CanTeen. So rest assured that you are procrastinating from studying for quizzes and doing assignments for a very good cause!
The largest careers event at the University of Sydney brings together diverse recruiters from many fields to talk directly with students about public and private sector graduate opportunities.
Come along to explore your career option and enter the Optiver Competition to WIN a travel voucher valued at $7000! Just pick up an Optiver T-shirt from the SciSoc Bookstore and wear it to the Optiver stand at the 2010 Careers Fair.
Optiver is a global leader in derivatives, shares and bonds trading on the Australian, Asian, European and US exchanges. They offer a thriving work environment for science students majoring in mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or information systems, where you will be challenged, rewarded, mentored and developed.
Full list of recruiters
||12:00pm-4:00pm, Tuesday, 23 March 2010
||Great Hall and MacLaurin Hall